SEMPER PARATUS (Always Ready).
This original 1945 Indian Chief has patrolled the shores of Calif, endured the Mojave Desert, scaled the mountains of New Mexico, galloped across the Texas prairie, cruised the Nachez Trace Parkway, climbed the Blue Ridge Mountains, conquered the North Carolina Tail of the Dragon and slid to a stop at the Atlantic ocean.
Like the Coast Guard, this bike never faltered in its mission. In over 4000 miles, this vintage machine was always ready for its next challenge. SEMPER PARATUS!!!
The earlier announcement mentioned that we left from La Quinta which is where Greg left from.
The bike and myself officially left from San Diego Coast Guard base. Our ride was over 4,000 miles.
- ENGINE: 74″ FLATHEAD
- TRANSMISSION: STOCK 3 SPEED
- CARBURETOR: LINKERT 1-1/4″
- GENERATOR: CYCLE ELECTRIC 12V
- HEADLIGHT: HEADWINDS 12V HALOGEN
- FRAME: SPRING
- FORKS: LEAF SPRING
- HANDLEBAR CONTROLS: INTERNAL CONTROL
- CONTROLS: LEFT HAND THROTTLE, RIGHT HAND SHIFT,
- LEFT FOOT CLUTCH
- WHEELS/BRAKES: 18″/MECHANICAL
- FENDERS: MILITARY/ESSENTIAL USE
- TANKS: KIWI WELDED, LEFT SIDE GAS, RIGHT SIDE GAS AND OIL COMPARTMENTS
- SEAT: INTERNAL SUSPENSION
- PLATING: ZINC PHOSPHATE
SPECIAL NOTE: THIS BIKE IS AN ORIGINAL 1945 INDIAN CHIEF AND 1 OF ABOUT 5 IN EXISTENCE. THIS RESTORATION IS EXTREMELY CORRECT WITH A FEW MINOR UPGRADES (GENERATOR) FOR LONG DISTANCE RIDING.