built by Brigitte Bourget of Bourget Bike Works
Introduction and Dedication
When Jay Allen asked me to be a part of the Rolling Thunder XXV Tribute bike project I was honored and accepted on the spot. During Arizona Bike Week 2011 Jay delivered the donated S&S Flathead Power Panhead motor to my shop and told me to pick a branch of the military. There was no question that I would pay tribute to the U.S. Marine Corps. The hard core, live by the sword, die by the sword mentality of the Marines has always hit home with me.
One Marine in particular, Corporal Byron Hall of State College, PA was the driving force and inspiration for my project. Byron or “Pap” as I knew him, was a 2nd generation US Marine and his sons and their sons willingly followed in his footsteps and carried on the Hall legacy of serving in the US Marine Corps. Byron’s grandson is currently deployed in Afghanistan and we ask for prayers for his safety and well being. Byron was born to be a Marine, entering this world on Veterans Day, November 11, 1935. Byron served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1955-1963 in Perris Island, NC and Camp Lejeune, NC. Ending his service with the Marines as a Corporal, Byron went on to lead a long and distinguished career in law enforcement serving as a Chief of Police, Chief Deputy Sheriff and a Dept. of Corrections officer in the State College, PA area. Byron loved motorcycles and passed the love of them on to his son Chris who he later worked for at Extreme Custom Cycles in State College.
I had the pleasure of having “Pap” answer the phone when I would call and he always had a joke or a story to tell and loved to visit so much that you couldn’t get off the phone with him very easily. In 2008 “Pap” started having some health issues and wasn’t able to work as hard anymore and I only got to visit with him on special occasions when he would just “happen in” to Extreme and just happen to pick up the phone. Those occasions became fewer and farther in between and as God calls all of his children home at some point, he took Byron home on April 17, 2012. It is with great sadness that we say goodbye and we will surely miss him, but an angel is surely watching over us now. In loving memory of Byron “Pap” Hall, and in your honor Bourget’s dedicates the Rolling Thunder XXV U.S. Marine Corps Tribute Bike. Oorah!
• CHASSIS: 2012 BOURGET’S BOBBER CHASSIS
• ENGINE: S&S FLATHEAD POWER PANHEAD (1956-1964)
• TRANSMISSION: BAKER 6 SPEED KICKER”FRANKEN RAN NY”
• CLUTCH: RIVERA/PRIMO BRUTE III CLUTCH BBW CONVERSION TO OPEN BELT STYLE
• FRONT END: BBW WIDE GLIDE FRONT END
• WHEELS: BBW “INVADER” STYLE WITH MATCHING ROTORS AND CHAIN SPROCKET FRONT: 21X3.50 WHEEL W/AVON 120-70-21 TIRE
• REAR: 17X5.50 REAR W/DUNLOP 200-55-ZR17 TIRE
• EXHAUST: BBW PANHEAD 2/1 WITH FISHTAIL END CAP
• SHEET METAL: BBW BOBBER STYLE GAS TANK – DENTS WERE ADDED TO THE TANK FOR AUTHENTICITY BBW FLAT STYLE REAR FENDER W/SISSY BAR
• CONTROLS: BBW FLOORBOARD FWD CONTROLS MISC. BBW BILLET TRIPS TREES, GRIPS, AXLE COVERS, ETC.
• SEAT: BBW SEAT VINTAGE DISTRESSED LEATHER TO MATCH LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
• PAINT: U.S. MARINE CORPS TRIBUTE THEME DONE BY SINTHIUM KUSTOM PAINT, INC.
SPECIAL NOTES: WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE CHROME HANDLEBARS AND SISSY BAR, ALL OF THE REMAINING COMPONENTS WERE HAND FINISHED TO MATCH THE NATURAL CAST FINISH OF THE S&S ENGINE AND THE BAKER TRANSMISSION